Sunday, December 19, 2010

DAY 6

I think I had a break through, eye brow goes up, maybe...... You know how when we, well some of us, hit 18 and we party and perhaps go down the wrong path.. wellllll I soooo don't miss it.... part of me, as I look through photos of people partying am like awe... I miss that... but when I think about it, I really really really Don't! I hate it, I never use to, but now its like suddenly I can see how horrible it really is. Whats so fun about getting totally trashed, inhibitions go out the window, people see you do gross things, hang over in the morning, and even worse, a bad reputation, self bodily harm, self image harm??? (you may not feel it now but every time you do something horrible you hurt yourself), I can't explain how repulsed I feel inside by the idea of what I use to be involved with...and even more I can't believe I'm the only one that's woken up.... Maybe It's a God thing... The more I get to know Jesus the happier I am with myself and others, the more confident I am, the most joy and energy I've ever had. If you were to compare a life of self absorbed partying  to a life with Jesus.... probably a putrid garbage tip (partying) with a valley of sweet smelling flowers (relationship with Jesus). Don't get me wrong, I still like to have a good time, but I don't like to get smashed. I still like to dance, just not rubbing myself up and down a mans torso, I love freedom, and oh yes I am free!!!!!

"Free your minds, then, of encumbrances; control them, and put your trust in nothing but the grace that will be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. Do not behave in the way that you liked to before you learnt the truth; make a habit of obedience; be holy in all you do, since it is the Holy One who has called you, and scriptures says; be holy, for I am holy.
If you are acknowledging as your Father one who has no favourites and judges everyone to what he has done, you must be scrupulously careful as long as you are living away from your home. Remember, the ransom that was paid to free you from the useless way of life your ancestors handed down was not paid in anything corruptible, neither in silver nor gold, but in the precious blood of a lamb without spot or stain, namely Christ; who though known since before the world was made, has been revealed only in our time, the end of the ages, for your sake. Through him you now have faith in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory for that very reason - so that you would have faith and hope in God." 1 Peter 1:13-21


No comments:

Post a Comment