Thursday, December 30, 2010

DAY 17

God is love in it's purest form, He is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. He is compassionate, joyful, humorous, lovely, and even more then we could ever know. I've been trying to write my encounters with Jesus down, but I've been having trouble putting words to the different experiences that we have shared together, like any relationship we've had our times of hardships, suffering, laughter, romance, forgiveness, teasing and dancing. I've also had my times of distance from Him, rebellion, doubting and non believing. Like any relationship we depend on each other, and I guess that's one huge thing that scares people away from a relationship with Him. As humans we desire independence and power, I don't know about you, but I prefer to live my day, with the knowing I have someone to lean on especially when the time gets tough. God is my creator, I am His creation... God is my Father, and I am His daughter. God my perfect Father who will always and infinitely love me.

This is how I've experienced Him...... When I've been scared, and I call upon His name, Jesus is there, His gentle hand touching my back, and filling me with peace.... When I am weak or lack courage, I call upon His name, and He fills me with the Holy Spirit, I ask for His strength, and He fills me up. When I feel ugly, He sends one of His beloved children to tell me I'm pretty, When I am in complete desperation He walks with me hand in hand. He is my encouragement when I feel discouraged. And when I'm lost, He helps me find my way back home. I am telling you  this because I know God loves you just as much as He loves me. Our God who created everything, who form the stars and the heavenly hosts, who told Noah to build an ark, who parted the Red Sea for Moses. He loves YOU He loves ME. He wants to get to know you, He wants you to know your worth, He wants you to desire Him and love Him back... A life with Jesus... what do you have to lose!?



No comments:

Post a Comment